Registration for Inverness Youth Sailing Camp opened on January 15, 2019 at 7pm PST.
Both sessions are now full. If you choose to register, you will be added to a waiting list.
Session 1 - 06/24/19 - 07/12/19
Session 2 - 07/16/19 - 08/02/19
Inverness Yacht Club Youth Sailing Program Information and Registration Policy
The Youth Sailing Committee will implement the following Summer Camp Registration Policy
1. Camp enrollment will occur in two distinct registration time frames: Priority Registration and Open Registration. Everyone can register on January 15, 2019 starting at 7pm (note new time!). Each applicant will receive a date/time stamp of when they registered. After Priority registration is over on February 1, 2019, the date/time stamp of all non-member applicants will be entered by their date/time stamp.
2. The Priority Registration Period shall be the first two weeks of the overall registration period for any given camp year. Applicants who register during the Priority Period will be assessed using criteria defined below.
a. To qualify for priority enrollment consideration, the applicant must be the child of a Member, the grandchild of a Member, or themselves a Member in good standing for 6 months prior to the initial registration date.
** Please note, to receive membership priority, the application must be fully complete, approved, and the new member have attended a club meeting by July 15th. The process of being approved can take up to 2 months, so if you are applying for membership, you should begin no later than April. **
b. Time and date of the completed registration form (per the online reporting system) along with membership status shall be the key determining factors in camp enrollment for all applicants during the priority registration period.
c. Criteria in order of preference which may be used to determine enrollment for applicants who register during the Priority Registration period are as follows:
i. Returning sailors of club member families (parents or grandparents) and their sibling(s). In the event there are more returning member sailors than space allows, preference will be given to applicants whose sponsoring Parent or relative has been a member for a longer duration.
ii. New sailors of club member families, driven by seniority of membership. A new member family must be a member by July 1st in order to be able to qualify for members’ priority in the following year. Thus a family should apply not later than May to allow time for processing.
iii. Returning non-member sailor. Preference will be given to previous participants of the IYC Youth Sailing program in order of length of participation.
iv. New non-member sailor based on date and time of registration. The date of the online application will be used to further prioritize new non-member applicants.
Note: We allow for sibling preference. Efforts will be made to include all siblings and depending on the circumstances, over-enrollment in a session may occur to accommodate siblings.
3. Those who apply during Priority Registration who are not enrolled due to space limitations will be put on the waiting list in the order as determined by the criteria above.
4. Once the Priority Registration period ends, the Open Registration Period begins. Applicants who apply during the Open Registration Period will be registered if space allows or put on the waiting list on a first-come, first-served basis, strictly based on the date and time of their completed registration. The priority placement criteria defined above will not be considered for applicants who register at this time.
5. A complete online application and electronically signed Waiver form as well as payment by mail-in check are required for a registration to be considered complete.
6. Please note the following schedule for refunds of camp fees:
- withdrawal from camp by March 1 = full refund
- withdrawal from camp by April 1 = $600 refund
- withdrawal from camp by April 15 = $300 refund
- withdrawal from camp after May 1 = no refund
You can also reach the Youth Sailing Registrar Tor Taylor by calling (415) 497-9754 or email her at email@example.com.